In 2022, we celebrate Blue School Day with an Ocean Chain! On May 19, we invite all Blue Schools to join hands and create a human chain for the Ocean that brings together students, teachers, families, partners, and local communities.
We challenge all Blue Schools to create and manage their own Ocean Chains, following these guidelines:
- Each school must create its Ocean Chain on May 19, 2022.
- The human chain must be completed near the sea or, if that represents an impossible task, near a symbolic place for everyone involved (near a river, in the school, in an emblematic place for the community, etc.).
- Involve as many students as possible and of different ages.
- Don't settle for the school community. Try to involve the local community and partners.
- Share your Ocean Chain on social media. Make videos, take photos, use Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or TikTok. Always with #BlueSchool and #OceanChain.
- Above all, have fun! Make this Blue School Day a truly special moment for your school. We are counting on you, with your enthusiasm and your creativity!